I love vinegar. I always have a huge jug of white vinegar in the laundry room for cleaning out the washer and for soaking smelling gym clothes. There’s nothing else I’ve found that neutralizes that old sweaty, locker room stink like white vinegar.
And now I’ve learned that there some amazing uses for Apple Cider Vinegar too. Besides making amazing salad dressings and marinades, Apple Cider Vinegar has lots of household and health uses too.
Check out the top five ways you should be using Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Facial Toner ~ You can make your own skin toner with Apple Cider Vinegar. Just mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water, then use a cotton ball to dab onto your clean face. Leave on for about 10 minutes, then rinse off with water. The toner will help tighten pores and help clear up breakouts.
2. Conditioner for Hair ~ A great way to clean build-up and condition your hair is to use a Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. Just mix 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup of water, then pour through your hair after shampooing.
3. Bug Bite Itch Relief ~ Swab Apple Cider Vinegar directly onto bug bites to relieve itching by soaking a cotton ball with it and holding onto the bite for 30 seconds. Repeat as needed, every hour or so.
4. Insect Repellant ~ Spray a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar and water onto your pets, pet beds and around doorways and windows to help repel fleas and ticks.
5. Bathroom Cleaner ~ Pour a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar into the toilet bowl and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Scrub with a brush and then flush. The vinegar will clean and disinfect the toilet bowl and will leave the bathroom smelling fresh and clean.
I love that there are so many uses for Apple Cider Vinegar, but will admit that my favorite is still using it in recipes.
One of my all time favorite recipes is an Apple Vinaigrette Dressing made with Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. It’s so amazing on a bed of greens with fresh strawberry slices.
Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
1 ¼ cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups olive oil
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Whisk ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into a resealable bottle or jar. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Be sure to check out all of the cool health benefits and household uses for Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar online.
To see more yummy recipes using Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, check out the new Heinz Pinterest page.