Cherry Vanilla Coke Cupcakes Recipe
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
10 tbs unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cherry Coke
6 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups into a muffin or cupcake pan like this.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
3. Mix together the melted butter, milk, oil, vanilla, Cherry Coke, and 3 of the egg whites.
4. Slowly add into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Place remaining egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat using a whisk attachment until foamy. Add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold 1/2 of the meringue into the batter until just combined.
7. Divide batter evenly into cups, then bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
8. Let cupcakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 20 minutes and then remove from pan to completely cool. (Frosting info below!)
1 cup butter softened
3 Tbsp heavy cream
2 cups powder sugar (extra 2 cups available if needed)
1 Tbsp vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add 1 Tbsp of heavy cream if butter and sugar are not smooth. Repeat if necessary.
3. Add vanilla, then blend until well mixed.
4. The icing should be a good consistency for frosting. If it is not thick enough, add powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add a little more heavy cream.
5. Snip the end of an icing bag off, then slide an icing tip into the bottom. Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcake. Place a cherry on top for garnish and drizzle cherry juice down sides of frosting is desired.
If you love this fun cupcake recipe, be sure to try some of our other favorites: