My daughter has been asking for Cookies and Cream cupcakes since having them last year at a birthday party. I love making fun cupcake recipes, so I knew this would be a great one to try.
I finally got around to making them last weekend and they are SO good!
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Boxed white cake mix (I like this kind)
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 cup of water
1 package of Oreo cookies (24 used in cupcakes, remainder as garnish)
2. Split 24 Oreo cookies into halves leaving the cream filling on one side (use a sharp knife if needed).
3. Break the cookie sides without cream into small pieces and set aside.
4. Place the cookie sides with cream into the cupcake liners with the cream side up.
5. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, melted butter and water. Mix on low for one minute until ingredients are combined and then switch to high for approximately one minute until batter is thick and creamy.
6. Fold crushed Oreo cookie pieces into cupcake batter.
7. Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake liners on top of the Oreo cream cookie side.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Cream Cheese Icing
10 Tbsp butter, firm but not cold
10 oz cream cheese, cold
2 1 /2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups powdered sugar
Remaining Oreos for topping and garnish
1. Cut or break 12 cookies in half, leaving each side sandwiched with cream in between the two pieces. Split remaining cookies apart and remove cream filling. Finely crush the cookie pieces and set aside.
Hope you love them as much as we do! If you love the Cookies & Cream Cupcakes, be sure to try the Heart in the Middle Cupcakes and Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting too!
Let me know if you make them – I’d love to see your pics!