Whether I’m sitting at the kitchen table making silly crafts with the kids or working on pretty DIY projects for the house, I love spending time being creative.
This weekend, I decided to make a fun spring wreath for our front door. Using only an old carboard box and Duck Tape®, I created this fun project:
It was super easy to make. I made the entire wreath and both flowers while binge-watching a couple of episodes of Nurse Jackie, so it could probably be completed in less than an hour if you concentrate on it.
Easy DIY Duck Tape® Spring Wreath
1. Use a flat wreath form, or cut a circle of cardboard out. I traced 2 different sizes of plates onto carboard and cut out my shape.
2. Place alternating strips of Duck Tape® onto the wreath form, making sure to start beside the next color on the outer edge and slightly overlap that color on the inside edge. Continue all the way around the wreath until the entire front is covered.
3. To make the flowers, cut various sizes of narrow strips of Duck Tape® from about 5″ to 7″. You can divide the standard size Duck Tape® into 2 or 3 narrow strips or use the mini Duckling rolls, like I did.
4. Fold the ends of each piece back on itself leaving a sticky area in the middle. Cut a petal shape into each end, then starting with the longer pieces, stick them down onto a small circle of cardboard.
5. Alternate the pieces so that the petals show and overlap with smaller pieces as you go. Bend the pieces forward to give the flower more dimension.
6. Cut a small circle of Duck Tape® in another color for the center of the flower.
7. Use loops of Duck Tape® behind the flowers to stick them to the wreath. Tape a small ribbon or hanger onto the back of the wreath.
Wasn’t that easy?
Duck Tape® is a fun and inexpensive way to get creative and decorate. You can use Duck Tape® to cover books, vases, shoes and other household items, or use it to create your own decorative piece. There are hundreds of fun Duck Tape® projects and creative ideas online, including dozens on the Duck Tape® website.
creative and inexpensive way to embellish, decorate and express your personality. This Easter (and/or Spring) use Duck Tape® to create a unique craft/decor project.
There are lots of different sizes, colors and designs to choose from. I used the large and small silver and hot pink for my wreath and can’t wait to use all of these other fun colors on my next project: