I’m working on a long post about my younger daughter’s first few weeks of Kindergarten, but to make that long story short for right now I will sum it up by saying this – I’ve resorted to bribery. For each day she comes home without losing points, she gets a small sticker or toy. And for an entire perfect week, I offered her the choice of lots of great treats: go-carting at the fun park, a few hours at the local bounce-house place, movie night in the den, etc.
She chose ice cream.
We headed to the store and, taking the situation very seriously, my daughter spent a loooooong time looking at the ice cream choices before choosing Edy’s Mint Cookie Crunch. She loves mint, chocolate and cookies so she was thrilled with her choice.
I love that Edy’s Ice Cream has 1/2 the fat and 1/3 fewer calories than regular ice cream. Half the fat – that’s awesome! And it tastes exactly like full-fat ice cream, so it’s a delicious treat without the guilt of other ice creams.
Here’s another reason to love Edy’s and Dreyer’s Ice Cream – This summer, Edy’s and Dreyer’s Slow Churned Light Ice Cream has teamed up with TV personality, actress and model Brooke Burke to turn scoops into smiles. In their “A Reason to Smile” campaign, they’ll be giving away more than 25,000 free scoops of ice cream, capturing 25,000 photos of ice cream smiles and making more than 500 reconstructive surgeries possible for children of Operation Smile.
Here’s how it works:
Support with a Smile
- For every “ice cream smile” photo uploaded to the Edy’s Facebook page, $5 will be donated to Operation Smile.
- The goal is to make more than 500 reconstructive surgeries possible for children around the world suffering from cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities.
- Of the photos submitted, ten lucky smiles will be features in an Edy’s Slow Churned print ad.
- One lucky picture will win a coveted spot on the cartons of a Slow Churned limited-edition flavor in early 2013.
Ready to Scream for Free Ice Cream?
- Log on to Facebook.com/EdysIceCream to receive a free full-value product coupon. Be sure to upload your smile to support the cause!
Join the conversation using #ReasontoSmile
To learn more about the program, visit www.facebook.com/EdysIceCream
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Dreyer’s/Edy’s. I received a coupon to purchase product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.