Nutella Cookie Truffles Recipe
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 16 ounces chocolate candy coating or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White or milk chocolate for decoration (optional)
1. Chop the cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. (You an also put the cookies in a large zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin.) Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs for truffle topping.
2. Combine crushed cookies, Nutella and softened cream cheese in a large bowl until completely mixed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour, until firm enough to form balls.
3. Use a teaspoon or small scoop to form the dough into smallballs. Roll them between palms until round.
4. Melt chocolate chips or candy coating according to package directions, then dip each each ball into the melted coating. You can also prop the ball on a fork and scoop melted chocolate over it, then use a toothpick to push the truffle onto parchment paper.
5. Before chocolate coating cools, sprinkle cookie crumbs over the truffles, or let truffles cool and then drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over the top.
6. Refrigerate for an hour to set chocolate.
7. Store Nutella Cookie Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! If you love these Nutella Cookie Truffles, you might also love our Cookies & Cream Cupcakes, Heart-in-the-Middle Cupcakes and Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!