You’ve all heard me talk about Skyping before. I love being able to talk face to face with my friends and family instead of just talking on the phone. With relatives and dear friends living out of state, it makes me feel so much closer to them when I can see their smiles and look them in the eyes.
So imagine how cool it is for me to sit in front of the tv and chat with my best friend who lives across the country. Or to sit on the couch with the whole family and be able to Skype with the in-laws in another state. With the newest product from Logitech, I can actually Skype through my TV and see my loved ones in real-life size as we talk. It is very, very cool!
That’s me Skyping with my husband and kids. My back was bothering me last weekend, so when the family went for a walk in the rain, I was sad that I couldn’t go. I was tickled when my husband Skyped me on the walk and I got to sit on the couch and watch the kids splashing, playing and being silly. I could see everything clearly and could see all three kids all at once on the TV.
This would be such great gift for my husband’s and my parents. They both live hours away from us and don’t get to see our kids as often as they’d like. If they had a Logitech TV Cam HD, we could Skype with them while the kids were comfortable and playing, instead of posing and not talking when they’re the only one on the smartphone or computer cam. The grandparents could even join us for fun things like singing ‘Happy Birthday’ on a birthday or watch the kids open the presents they sent to us at Christmas.
The Logitech TV Cam HD Features
- Easy to Set Up – Simply connect the camera to your Wi-Fi or Ethernet, plug into your HDMI port, power on, and it works. The built-in Skype and Wi-Fi connectivity means there is no software to install. With zero software installation, you can just plug into your HDTV’s HDMI port and start making calls.
- Wide, full-room view - Wide-angle HD video lets you fit everyone on-screen comfortably, with room to move. Now the whole family can participate.
- Connect to anyone on Skype – Sign into your existing Skype account and call any of your contacts on their favorite devices.
- Rings like a phone – A built-in ringer will notify you of incoming calls, whether your TV is on or off.
- Sharp video – Crystal clear, HD 720p, Logitech Fluid Crystal™ Technology and Carl Zeiss® optics deliver sharper video, richer colors – even in low light – and clearer sound in real-world conditions.
I love our new Logitech TV Cam HD and am having so much fun using it. I can’t wait until the grandparents all have it too and can enjoy seeing the kids on it. They’re going to love it too!
If you’d like more information on the Logitech TV Cam HD, visit Logitech online.
I received a product in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.