It’s almost Spring, so it’s time to start making gorgeous, bright cookies! Here are some fun Spring Flower Cookies I made:
Spring Flowers Cookie Recipe
• 6 cups flour
• 3 tsp. baking powder
• 2 cups unsalted butter
• 2 cups sugar (white granulated)
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract, almond or desired flavoring
• 1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours
- Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3″ cookies.
• 2 lbs of powedered sugar
• 1/3 cup light Karo corn syrup
• 1-2 TBS of clear vanilla and or clear almond extract (or some of both).
• milk or water to adjust consistency
- Mix powdered sugar, corn syrup and flavorings together at a low speed until thoroughly blended without any small pockets of powdered sugar. Do not use high speed or you will end up with bubbles.
- For thicker icing to use for outlining or writing, add additional powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- For thinner icing to fill in designs, add very small amounts of milk or water until you get the consistency you want.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a week, but should be room temperature again before using.
Add outline icings with parchment paper cones or icing bags with tiny tips. Outline the design onto your cookie with the thick icing. Use thinner icing to fill in the design by either spooning small amount in and spreading around or using icing bags to squeeze out and spread around.
Once cookies are dry, use the thicker icing to draw on any additional designs or details you like.
Making cookies of your own? I’d love to see them – leave a link! :)
If you love these cookies, please take a second to share, stumble or pin them. Thanks! :)