These Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are so delicious and are easy to make!
Strawberry Filled Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Frosting
Boxed white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist White)
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 cup of water
STRAWBERRY FILLING INGREDIENTS
One jar of high-end strawberry jelly or preserves (I used Smucker’s Simply Fruit)
2 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Mix with food processor or mixer until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
10 Tbsp butter, slightly firm but not cold
10 oz cream cheese, cold
2 1 /2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups powdered sugar
In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together on medium speed. Whip until fluffy, approximately one minute. Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar in slowly and mix until smooth, approximately three minutes.
1. Preheat over to 350°. Line muffin or cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liner cups.
2. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, butter and water. Mix on low for one minute until ingredients are combined and then switch to high for approximately one minute until batter is thick and creamy.
3. Spoon batter into cupcake liners.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
5. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, cut a round plug out of each cupcake with a cupcake corer. If you don’t have a cupcake corer, you can use a sharp knife or apple corer, but be sure keep the plug round and evenly cut. Set the plugs aside to use later.
6. Pipe or spoon strawberry filling into each cupcake center. Leave a little bit of room at the top.
7. Take the plugs you removed and close each hole. You may want to pull a little piece of cake off the plug to make it fit better.
8. Frost cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing.
* For a gorgeous look, make swirled cupcake frosting – it’s super easy!
Let me know if you make them – I’d love to see your pics!