One of my dear friends is moving a few hours away, so we threw a goodbye party for her last weekend. I wanted to try a new dessert for the occasion and since she loves Margaritas, I picked a Strawberry Margarita Cupcake Recipe. The cupcakes were a huge hit and I’ll definitely make them again in the future.
Strawberry Margarita Cupcake Recipe
- Boxed white cake mix
- 1 cup strawberry margarita/daiquiri mix (liquid)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tequila*
- 3 eggs
- Cupcake Directions
1. Preheat over to 350°(325° for dark pans). Line muffin or cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liner cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine cupcake ingredients. Mix on low for about 30 seconds until ingredients are combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally (or use a cool beater like this). Switch mixer to high for two minutes until batter is thick and creamy.
3. Spoon batter into cupcake liners.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the largest cupcake comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
* To make non-alcoholic cupcakes, substitute an additional 1/4 cup of the margarita mix instead of tequila
Strawberry Margarita Frosting
10 Tbsp butter, slightly firm but not cold
10 oz cream cheese, cold
2 to 3 tablespoons strawberry margarita/daiquiri mix
5 cups powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together on medium speed.
2. Whip until fluffy, approximately one minute.
3. Add powdered sugar in slowly and mix until smooth and completely blended.
4. Mix in margarita flavoring 1 tsp at a time and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
5. Add frosting to a decorating icing bag with tip. I used a 1M Wilton Tip. If you don’t have an icing bag, you can spoon the frosting into a ziplock bag and cut the corner off to pipe the icing on top of the cupcakes.
I’d love to see your cupcakes! Be sure to share a photo if you make them.
Please share! If you like this Strawberry Margarita Cupcake Recipe, please share, stumble or pin it. Thanks!