Blueberries are super healthy too. They’re only 80 calories per cup, are low in fat and are a great source of Vitamin C and of dietary fiber. So whether you love to eat them on their own or use them in your favorite recipes, blueberries are a healthy treat you can feel good about eating.
Here’s one of our favorite blueberry recipes – Ultimate Blueberry Cream Muffins:
Ultimate Blueberry Cream Muffins
Makes 2 dozen muffins
2 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups fresh Highbush Blueberries
Crumble Topping (Optional)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
2. In large bowl beat eggs and sour cream together. Gradually add sugar, then oil and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture until incorporated. Do not overmix.
4. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
5. Optional Topping – Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup butter, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Learn more about healthy and delicious Highbush Blueberries:
We’re celebrating our love of Highbush Bluberries with a giveaway!
One lucky reader will win a $75 Gift Card!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway ends March 7, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. Giveaway open to residents of the US, 18 years of age and older.