Valentine’s Day is one of my kids’ favorite holidays. They go to a school that encourages the kids to bring a valentine for everyone else, so my kids all end up with a box full of valentines.
I love that it makes them happy to receive so many Valentine’s Day cards but don’t necessarily love what is attached to those cards. I’m not sure when the trend changed from exchanging cards to exchanging cards and candy, but it seems to be the norm in our area now.
That means the children all come home with about 25 pieces of candy, in addition to whatever treats they bring back from their class party. That’s just too much sugar.
Instead of adding to the sugar rush or worrying about allergies, I love to find fun other ways for the kids to exchange valentines. These fun Valentine’s Day printables are awesome – they’re easy to print out and go perfectly with one children’s favorite snacks – Cuties!
Feel free to print them out and swap those sugary snacks for delicious Cuties this Valentine’s Day!
Free Valentine’s Day Printable Tag
1. Print the tags onto white paper, then cut or punch them out. I used this punch.
2. Punch out background shapes out of pink or red cardstock. I used this punch.
3. Glue the white papers onto the colored papers and punch a small hole in the top.
4. Drop a Cutie into a sandwich bag, then tie the top closed with twine or ribbon.
5. Tie a tag to each bag with the twine or ribbon, then tie a bow.
That’s it! So easy and so cute!
Follow Cuties and #SweetAsCandy for fun ideas & recipes: