Easy Cheddar Beer Bread Recipe
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce bottle of beer
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan with half of of the butter.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
4. Add cheese and stir with a spoon.
5. Make a well in the center, then pour in the beer.
6. Mix with a spoon until it’s just combined.
7. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Rub the top with remaining butter.
10. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool for 15-20 more minutes before slicing.
Tips: Use any kind of cheese or beer, or omit the cheese all together