Some of you may have noticed that there weren’t any updates on A Helicopter Mom last week. There’s a good reason for that. A great reason, actually – Disney World!
My family was invited on the most amazing trip to Disney World and on the Disney Wonder cruise ship and we were absolutely thrilled about going! We started making lists of things to do, items to pack and places to see while we traveled. It would be one of the most memorable and (hopefully) most wonderful trips that the kids would get to go on as children so we wanted to make sure everything went as well as possible.
The packing was easy. There are a few things that I always take with me when I travel so they stay in my suitcase even when I unpack, ready for the next trip.
My must-have travel items:
- Fan: The light breeze and white noise from a fan help me sleep when I’m away from home. I don’t have to worry about whether the hotel AC works well enough or whether my host likes the house as cool at night as I do when I have my own little travel fan.
- Earplugs: No more dreading the hotel room by the elevator (or the lobby, or the stairs, or the late-night crowd, etc.). I’ve gotten used to wearing earplugs when I travel and they definitely help keep the exterior sounds to a minimum.
- Sewing Kit: I had to buy a little sewing kit for a “wardrobe malfunction” while traveling to a wedding once, and have been surprised by how many times I’ve needed the kit on other trips. Whether it’s a safety pin or a quick hem stitch, my sewing kit has saved the day many times.
- Pain killer: It could be the stale airplane air that gives me a headache, the lack of sleep after a fun evening with dear friends, or another unexpected discomfort that I’d rather not worry about while traveling. A small bottle of OTC pain killer is handy to have when I’m on the road.
- Zicam®: The last thing I want to deal with when I’m traveling is a miserable cold. Sniffling, sneezing, blowing my nose all day long – no fun at all. I use Zicam® products at the first sign of a cold and know that I’ll be feeling better sooner. Instead of losing an entire trip to the misery of a cold, I can get back to feeling better and enjoy more of the trip thanks to Zicam®.
Zicam® Cold Remedy products are safe and effective and can shorten the duration of a cold when taken at the first sign – which is why it’s great to always have some on hand!
Zicam® Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs are the only nasal swabs clinically proven to shorten colds. Used when symptoms first appear, Zicam® Nasal Swabs reduce symptom severity by 45% by the mid-point of a cold. The homeopathic swabs also comfort and soothe irritated noses with cooling Menthol & Eucalyptus. Each box contains 20 convenient, individually-dosed packets that are great for on-the-go so they’re perfect to have while traveling. With Zicam® Nasal Swabs, you can go from Pre-Cold® to No Cold, Faster™!
Traveling this year? Be sure to take along these family travel must-haves for the best trip possible!