This Grilled Chicken and Caramelized Pineapple Salsa Rice Bowl is perfect for a yummy family dinner or small gathering with friends. Be sure to make enough to enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day!
My husband is great friends with his three suitemates from college. All four guys are married with kids now, and love to get together every few months and hang out.
We’ll all take turns inviting the other families over to have dinner and let the kids play together or watch a movie while the couples relax and talk.
Except…I should be honest. We haven’t actually invited the others over yet. My husband and I have been to all three of their houses and had amazing, creative, chef-style dinners with truly impressive food.
And I can’t do that.
I can whip up some mac-and-cheese for the kids or throw together a salad, but a fancy dinner party meal is just more than I am able to do.
So I’m crazy proud of this gorgeous recipe I tried today.
This has to be one of the best recipes that I’ve made in a long time – Grilled Chicken and Caramelized Pineapple Salsa Rice Bowl.
It’s easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of ingredients or prep time. And since it tastes every bit as amazing as it looks, it’s perfect for sharing with friends.
Grilled Chicken and Caramelized Pineapple Salsa Rice Bowl
1 cup rice, cooked
20 ounces pineapple
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
0.5 ounce cilantro
2 ounces diced red onion
Salt and pepper
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan or grill to medium-high.
- Brush three quarters of the pineapple with 1 teaspoon oil and place on a hot grill. Cook, turning once, until charred on both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Season chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill and place chicken on it. Cook chicken until browned well on one side, then turn chicken pieces and cook until cooked through (about 6 minutes per side).
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the lime in half and cut the grilled pineapple into bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rice, chopped pineapple, cilantro, juice from the lime, red onion and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Roughly chop the chicken and stir into the pineapple salsa rice.
- Divide between 2 bowls and serve while warm.