If you love the look of swirled frosting on cupcakes, here is a quick way to get the look without much effort.
Swirled Cupcake Frosting
1. Prepare cupcake frosting and set to the side in a bowl. Make sure that the frosting is thick enough to stay in shape. If not, add powdered sugar until it’s thick enough.
3. Starting near the tip of the icing bag, draw along the side of the cone with gel food coloring.
The line doesn’t have to be perfect. The wavier the line, the thicker the colored stripe will be.
4. Scoop spoonfuls of frosting to middle of the bag, taking care to not slide the frosting down the colored line as much a possible.
5. Close the end of the icing bag and push a little bit of frosting out until the colored stripe shows.
6. Frost your cupcakes in a circular, swirled design. That’s all there is to it!
7. Try 2 stripes across from each other or 2 or more colors at once for really fun swirls!