I made these mini cupcakes for Easter one year and they were such a big hit we make them for parties all the time now!
They’re so tiny and cute!
Aren’t they cute? They’re bite size, adorable and so delicious!
Pastel Mini Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients – Cupcakes
Boxed yellow cake mix
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 cup of water
Ingredients – Cream Cheese Frosting
10 Tbsp butter, slightly firm but not cold
10 oz cream cheese, cold
2 1 /2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups powdered sugar
In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together on medium speed. Whip until fluffy, approximately one minute. Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar in slowly and mix until smooth, approximately three minutes.
1. Preheat over to 350°. Line mini-muffin (I like this one) with miniature liners. If using paper souffle cups, they can be arranged on a cookie sheet for baking. * I either use mini muffin pans to bake the mini cupcakes and then pop them into the candy cups (or ketchup cups) OR buy souffle cups without the wax coating that are safe for baking.
2. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, butter and water. Mix on low for one minute until ingredients are combined and then switch to high for approximately one minute until batter is thick and creamy.
3. Spoon batter into cupcake liners.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°, checking for a light brown color around edges.
5. Once they are completely cooled, frost the cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing.
Let me know if you make them – I’d love to see your pics! 🙂