My daughters both love to play sports. Whether they’re at soccer, swimming or after-school sports teams, it seems like we’re often heading to a sporting event.
I love that they’re outside getting exercise and hope that they’ll continue to love playing sports as much as my husband and I did when we were young.
As much as I love seeing my kids enjoying themselves on the playing fields, there is one aspect that I haven’t loved it the past. It was being snack mom.
As many of you know, many of the organized sports have snacks brought by parents. We all take turns bringing enough snacks for the kids and when it’s snack time, we pass everything out with water.
I’m sure that the rules vary throughout the country, but for several years there were no rules here. The snacks went from crackers to cookies to cupcakes and candy bars. It eventually got so bad that the league started requiring healthy snacks during practices and games.
That made most of the parents happy, but the kids weren’t so thrilled.
Take snacks that are healthy and delicious, but still fun for the kids. Like DOLE Fruit Squish’ems.
DOLE Fruit Squish’ems are made from all-natural fruit without any high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors, so they’re a snack I can feel good about giving to the kids. And since they’re packaged in fun squeeze containers and come in three yummy flavors, they’re always a hit with the kids too!
DOLE Fruit Squish’ems come in Apple, Apple Strawberry and Apple Mixed Berry.
I’m not the only soccer mom who loves DOLE Fruit Squish’ems. Two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup winner Brandi Chastain is also a fan.
Brandi has teamed up with the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) to help soccer families like mine gear up for game days. Check out these great tips for sports parents from Brandi Chastain.
GAME DAY TIPS
• Help kids learn to be good sports by setting a good example for them. Be respectful to everyone on the field, offer encouragement to others, and be gracious whether you win or lose.
• Make sure your kids are physically and mentally prepared for game day. Give them a good, nutritious meal the night before the game and encourage them to practice visualizing making great plays. Once they’ve imagined great plays happening, they’re easier to recreate on the field!
• Practice does more than pay off on the field. It teaches us the importance of working hard and earning what we get. Encourage your children and be supportive when they put in the extra effort to practice and improve!
• Be sure to check emails and the team website for any last minute schedule changes before heading out to games and practices.
• A tough game can make kids hot and sweaty, so make sure they’re staying hydrated! Give them 15-20 oz. of water two to three hours before practices and games.
• It’s no fun losing, but it’s important to be a good loser when it happens. Before the game, remind your children that the most important thing is to do the best they can and win or lose, to be positive and treat others with respect.
You can find Brandi’s tips and videos on YouTube also.
Who wants to win $5,000 and a season’s supply of DOLE Fruit Squish’ems?!
DOLE Fruit Squish’ems is inviting all you moms and dads out there to share your #GameDayGreat game day tips and pre-game rituals for a chance to win.
Head over to the Game Day Great Facebook contest at GameDayGreat.com for a chance to win $5,000 and a season’s supply of DOLE Fruit Squish’ems for your kids’ league.
Ten finalists will also receive a season’s supply of DOLE Fruit Squish’ems for their leagues.
Once you submit your Game Day Great tip, you’ll be able to download a coupon to save $1 on a box of DOLE Fruit Squish’ems!
DOLE Fruit Squish’ems are a healthy and convenient snack that help keep kids at the top of their game, whether they’re playing on the field or cheering from the sidelines.
The giveaway had ended. Thanks to everyone who entered!
WINNER: J. Gersch