6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar (white granulated)
2 tsp. vanilla extract, almond or desired flavoring
1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll to desired thickness and cut shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to brown at the edges.
Glaze Icing Ingredients
2 lbs of powedered sugar
1/3 cup light Karo corn syrup
1-2 TBS of clear vanilla and or clear almond extract (or some of both).
milk or water to adjust consistency
Glaze Icing Instructions
- Mix powdered sugar, corn syrup and flavorings together at a low speed until thoroughly blended without any small pockets of powdered sugar.
- For thicker icing (outlines & writing), add additional powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- For thinner icing (filling in), add a few drops of milk or water until you get the consistency you want.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a week, but should be room temperature again before using.
Add outlines using thick icing in parchment paper cones or icing bags with very small tips. Allow to dry and then fill in the design with thinner/runnier icing. You can either spooning small amounts in at a time or can use another icing bag to squeeze some out and spread it around.
Once cookies are completely dry, go back with the thicker icing (and small icing tip) to add any additional designs or details you like.
And here are the cookies:
Here are some great ideas for things you can make this Holiday: Dollar General easy meals