We are big fans of unique and fun cupcake recipes, so I knew one that tasted like my favorite ice cream flavor would be amazing!
Here are our super easy Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes – simple to make and one of our family’s favorite cupcake recipes!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
Boxed chocolate cake mix
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 cup of water
Mini chocolate chips & Andes Mints for garnish, if desired
2. In a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs, melted butter and water. Mix on low for one minute until ingredients are combined and then switch to high for approximately one minute until batter is thick and creamy.
3. Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake liners.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
1. Beat butter, whipping cream, extract and salt with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Add food coloring and mix until evenly colored. I added a drop of green, a squirt of white Americolor and a tiny bit of blue food coloring on a toothpick for a mintier color.
3. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix at a low speed until blended. Once the powdered sugar is combined, mix at medium high for 1 minute or until creamy. (Makes 3 cups.)
4. Frost cooled cupcakes. Top with mini chocolate chips and/or mints before frosting crusts.
Want more fun cupcake recipes? Try these favorites:
Since today is National Chocolate Day, I wanted to get together with some friends to celebrate!
We’ve each shared a favorite chocolate recipe for you, so be sure to head over and check them all out:
We’d love for you to link up your favorite chocolate recipes too! Feel free to add them to the linky below so others can enjoy!.