When my husband and I bought my last car, we talked about whether or not we wanted to include a DVD player. We ended up deciding to go without a DVD player because the kids were young and we didn’t think they’d need entertainment in the car.
What we didn’t consider is how tied to our screens we all would become.
The kids all love to watch children’s shows on the iPad, play little learning games on our phones, and to watch cartoons and musicals together on our laptops. My husband and I both own our own businesses and need to stay connected throughout the day.
We also didn’t consider how many long road trips we make as a family. With my family ambassador trips, vacations and trips to see relatives, we’ve been on an out-of-state driving trip every month this year. Several of those trips were over 10 hours. All without WiFi.
Now I have the AT&T Unite for GoPhone Wireless HotSpot.
I chose the Unite because I didn’t need a contract to go with it. With my travel and work schedule all over the place, I didn’t want to pay for service that I might not use. The prepaid convenience of the AT&T Unite for GoPhone gives me flexibility to pay for data when I need it, without having the commitment of a reoccurring monthly fee.
To test out our new hotspot, we decided to take the Unite on the road.
The Unite was easy to set up and I did it in minutes just before the trip. I went online on my laptop, set up my account and activated the device. We were ready to go!
We planned to travel through 3 states, for almost 10 hours, with all of our favorite tech devices.
Here are some things I learned about the AT&T Unite for GoPhone:
1. The Unite hotspot is seriously awesome. We had a perfect, clear signal for all of our tech devices the entire time we used it.
2. The Unite is really easy to use and to understand. The touchscreen makes using and managing the account and all connected devices simple and easy.
3. I thought I’d need to get everyone set up, but the kids were able to get the WiFi turned on themselves. The Unite network name and password is right on the front screen, which was really convenient.
4. I don’t read directions enough. Because of that, I did burn through some of my data without meaning to. So when you use your Unite hotspot, be sure to follow these tips: Turn off all the extra apps running on your devices. Turn off the devices (not just let them ‘sleep’) when not using them. Turn off the hotspot when not using it.
5. We could connect up to 10 devices! The most we used was 5 at once – a laptop, 3 phones and a tablet, but I love knowing I can use the hotspot on blogging trips and let others share it too.
6. The Unite hotspot can be used for up to 10 continuous hours. We didn’t use it for nearly that long, but had a clear, strong signal the entire time we used it. The Unite comes with a charging cord to recharge in between uses.
Love, love, love it!
I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to get my own hotspot!
Between the kids using it on vacations and the work I’ll be able to get done at conferences and on blogging trips, the Unite hotspot is a lifesaver!
No more paying crazy hotel fees for every device we need to use. No more dealing with horribly slow connections. No more worrying about security risks on public WiFi connections.
The AT&T Unite for GoPhone is exactly what we need!
Learn more about why you’ll love having your own NETGEAR Unite Wireless Hotspot: