One Pot 30 Minute Chicken Parmesan Pasta dinner recipe sponsored by Mezzetta. All opinions are my own.
One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
As a mom of three kids, I want to be sure I’m making good parenting decisions no matter what life throws at us. My husband and I have had numerous discussions about the activities, sports, and events we let our children participate in. We never want our kids to be over-scheduled or feel overwhelmed by everything they have to do.
And yet, it seems like we always have something to do.
The kids truly love the sports they play, the clubs and scout troops they join, and the events they attend with friends. As long as they’re happy, we’re happy, but that means a lot of days on the go.
I have started looking and creating recipes that are easy to prep and make without a lot of effort. On our busy weekdays, I want to be able to come home and put together a hearty meal for the family easily and quickly. When I find products and ingredients that make those recipes easy, I tend to stock up so I’ll always have them on hand for the next recipe. Some of my favorite products I always have in the pantry are Mezzetta pasta sauces.
Mezzetta pasta sauces are restaurant-quality sauces that are so delicious and full of flavor that they bring the specialness of a restaurant into our own home. I love being able to put together a yummy meal that the family can enjoy while we reconnect and talk about our days. Mezzetta pasta sauces are so popping with flavor that they liven up meals and make our dinners remarkable.
Easy One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
6 servings. Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 20 min. Total prep to serve: 30 min.
A delicious chicken Parmesan pasta made in one pot in only 30 minutes!
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 medium yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz uncooked pasta (I used Rigatoni)
2 (16oz) jars of Mezzetta Pasta Sauce (I used Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil & Italian Plum Tomato)
water to fill empty sauce jar
1 ¼ cup fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh basil, minced
1. Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
2. In a large pot or skillet, pour a drizzle of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until chicken is almost cooked through (about 5 minutes). Transfer chicken to a plate.
3. Add minced onion and garlic to the pot and cook until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Pour in both jars of Mezzetta sauce, then fill up one of the empty sauce jars with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
5. Add the chicken pieces and the pasta. Stir to combine, then cover and cook until the pasta is cooked to your liking (around 10-15 minutes).
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ½ cup of the grated mozzarella cheese.
7. Sprinkle the remaining ¾ cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
8. Sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp of Italian seasoning, then garnish with basil.
There aren’t a lot of ingredients in this recipe, but the additional punch of flavor from the Mezzetta sauces really took the pasta to another level. There was enough pasta for two meals, but everyone in the family wanted large second helpings. My son, who can be pretty picky about his food, asked three times if I’d put some aside for his lunch the next day as well. Everyone loved it!
Mezzetta Pasta Sauces for Easy Family Dinners
Mezzetta’s sauces are based on regional specialties based on Jeff Mezzetta’s world travels, as well as authentic family recipes. The Mezzetta “Regional Recipes” flavor lineup includes: Truffle, Porcini & Cream, Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil, and Caramelized Onion & Butter. Parmigiano Reggiano, Italian Plum Tomato, Calabrian Chili. The Mezzetta “Family Recipes” flavor lineup includes: Marinara, Tomato Basil, Roasted Garlic, Spicy Marinara, Three Cheese, and Wild Mushroom.
I’m looking forward to trying all of the different flavors in our favorite recipes. I’ve used Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil, Italian Plum Tomato, and Caramelized Onion & Butter so far and absolutely loved them all. I can’t wait to try the Mezzetta Truffle, Porcini & Cream sauce next – it sounds amazing!
You can work this recipe into your regular rotation more often by switching up the pasta sauce for a new flavor, too. Next on my list to try is the Truffle, Porcini & Cream. How decadent does that sound?
Which Mezzetta Pasta Sauce would be perfect in your favorite family recipe?