This easy Peppermint Brownies Recipe will be the hit of your holiday party! They’re easy to make and are the perfect blend of rich chocolate and cool peppermint.
Peppermint Brownies Recipe
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 large or 12 small candy canes, crushed in ziplock bag with rolling pin
1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and peppermint extract.
3. Stir in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Do not overbeat.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
6. Cut brownies into candy cane shapes with cookie cutters.
7. Drizzle melted white chocolate in stripes across brownies.
8. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over white chocolate.