It’s that time of year!
Everyone is looking forward to getting together with family and friends to cheer on their favorite team. Whether you plan to head out to tailgating events this football season or prefer to watch with friends at home, game day always means good food!
I’ve got an awesome recipe to share with you this year that I know will be a huge hit with your family and friends!
Roasted Garlic Cheese Dip
2 heads garlic
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups cups shredded asiago cheese
1 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup Sargento 6 Cheese Italian shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Peel most of the outer layers of the garlic off, then slice off the top of the garlic to expose the cloves inside. Drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic, letting the oil sink down into the cloves. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Once garlic has cooled, turn heads upside down and gently squeeze the garlic out of the skins.
3. Reduce oven temp to 350.
4. With a food processor or electric mixer, blend cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream and parsley until well-blended. Add garlic and blend again.
5. Place mixture into a baking or casserole dish and sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the top.
6. Bake about 20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown on top.
7. Serve with firm crusty bread.
Don’t miss the chance to chat with Ted Allen, host of Food Network’s Chopped, on January 28th! Ted’s going to be joining us to talk about game day entertaining with lots of great tips on preparing for and hosting a game day party, including his favorite cheesy crowd-pleasing recipes!
We’ll join Ted, along with Sargento Cheese, on January 28, 2016 at 2:30PM ET on Twitter. Be sure to head over and RSVP to join us for lots of fun, chat and prizes!
If you love cheese like I do, you know that real, natural cheese makes all the difference. No artificial ingredients, no bland, tasteless cheese will do, which is why I love Sargento Cheese.