Everyone knows that cupcakes have become THE dessert to serve at parties and special events. They’re the perfect portion size and can be served for all occasions. My kids love cupcakes, so I’ve had a lot of experience making different flavors and designs over the past couple of years.
The only problem with cupcakes though, is the paper liner I serve them in. I work so hard to make beautifully decorated cupcakes, only to be disappointed with how they look in the cupcake liner. Even when I’ve bought fancy, expensive liners, the cupcake still shows through and ruins the final appearance.
When I found out about Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves, I had to try them. Roundabouts are cleverly printed paper wraps that are placed around the outside of the cupcake liner. With over 70 designs to choose from, you can find the perfect Roundabout for any occasion!
I received the Ice Cream Cone Roundabout design and was so excited to try them. They were very easy to use. You can transform a plain cupcake to a work of art in just three easy steps!
- Bake and frost cupcakes with icing. Chill for 10 minutes to set the icing.
- Wrap the cupcakes with the Roundabouts® Cupcake Sleeves, using the thin strip of adhesive to secure the sleeve in place.
- Top your cupcake with additional icing and desired toppings.
Not very creative? No problem! Each Roundabouts package comes with a quick reference guide along with suggestions and tips for decorating cupcakes in your specific theme. Don’t worry if you mess up either…Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves are designed to be grease and oil resistant so you can just wipe them clean and start your design over. Some people even wash and re-use them, just securing the wraps with a dab of icing.
For the Ice Cream Cone Roundabouts, I followed the instructions in the package. After wrapping the Roundabouts around each iced cupcake, I chilled them for about 10 minutes to set the icing. I then used a star icing tip (Wilton 1M tip) to add more icing on top and create the Ice Cream look. Finally, I added my favorite sprinkles. So easy!
Here are my finished cupcakes using the Ice Cream Cone Sleeves. I think they look great and were sooo easy!
If you’ve got a special event or party coming up, Roundabouts can even be personalized and customized to fit your needs! Just visit the Roundabouts Custom Design Page for all the details. I was thrilled with my results and can’t wait to order more for future birthday parties!
Visit Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves Online to see all of the wonderful designs!
One lucky A Helicopter Mom reader will win their choice of Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves!
Visit the Roundabouts website and tell me which design is your favorite (other than those mentioned here).
(Do any or all of the following, leaving a separate comment for each entry.)
• Follow A Helicopter Mom on Google Friend Connect (Click the “Join this Site” button in the right sidebar → )
• Follow @ahelicoptermom on Twitter (leave twitter ID)
• Follow @roundaboutwraps on Twitter (leave twitter ID)
• Tweet the giveaway. You can tweet twice per day. Please leave me the link to your tweet. You can use the following tweet or click on the tweet button:
“#win Roundabouts Cupcake Sleeves – Adorable Decorative Wraps! http://tinyurl.com/3tle3vl @ahelicoptermom @roundaboutwraps #giveaway RT Plz!”
• Like A Helicopter Mom on Facebook (Leave facebook name)
• Like Roundabouts on Facebook (Leave facebook name)
• Follow A Helicopter Mom on Networked Blogs.
• Subscribe to A Helicopter Mom via Email. Please remember to verify! (2 entries – leave 2 comments)
Contest is open to the resident of the US and Canada. Giveaway ends on May 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm EDT. One winner will be randomly selected by “And the Winner Is” and will be notified by email. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Good Luck!
* I did not receive any financial compensation for this review, though I did review a sample of the product for evaluation purposes. The opinions in this review are my own. *