I have three young kids and a house full of pets, so it seems like I’m constantly vacuuming.
Over the years, I’ve owned all sorts of vacuums, from super-powerful and heavy ones to lightweight versions made for easy cleaning. But no matter which vacuum I use and how often I clean, there always seems to be more cat fur or more cereal pieces on the floor minutes later.
I’ve finally realized that it’s not about which vacuum is the strongest or which one takes up the least room in the pantry. It’s about which one just does the work for me.
The Samsung POWERbot Essential WiFi vacuum is exactly what I needed.
The Samsung POWERbot does the housework for me. While I’m playing with the kids, cooking in the kitchen, or working in my office, I’m also getting the vacuuming done. I can use the remote control to power the vacuum or can set the POWERbot to clean at the same time every day. I’ve programmed it to vacuum every morning after the kids leave for school. As I’m helping them get ready in the morning, I do a quick scan of the floors to make sure there aren’t coins and small hair elastics that might get sucked up and my work is done. The POWERbot starts on its own and vacuums right on schedule.
I absolutely love having the floors all vacuumed every single day without spending a minute of time on them myself.
The Samsung POWERbot can also be set with the free Samsung SmartHome app. If I need a last minute vacuum because company is on the way, I can start the POWERbot from my smartphone before I even get home. Or if I forget to turn off the automatic schedule when my family goes on vacation, I just use the app to turn it off.
The POWERbot has 20x more powerful suction than the leading robot vacuum brand, so it cleans all floor types easily and effortlessly. We have carpets and hardwood floors in our house and it does a fantastic job on both. The POWERbot even vacuums under my bed and under our family room chair, which I’ve always had trouble getting under in the past.
I normally leave the POWERbot on Auto, which means it uses sensors and an onboard digital camera to make a complete map of the floor and cleans the entire area. There is also a Spot Clean mode, which concentrates the vacuuming on a specific area, and the Manual mode which allows you to steer the vacuum from the remote or app.
Not having had a robotic vacuum before, I just assumed that the vacuum would bump into furniture and walls before turning, but the POWERbot senses items in its path and stops before it bumps them. It also has a “cliff sensor” to keep it from falling down stairs, so I can use it upstairs without worry.
When the POWERbot is running low on charge, it returns by itself to the docking station to recharge, then heads right back where it left off when it resumes vacuuming. It’s really impressive technology!
I haven’t quite reached the point where my cat will ride the POWERbot, but I did find it interesting that all three of our cats are completely fine watching it vacuum. They can be skittish at times and usually run away when I get other vacuums out, but the POWERbot doesn’t bother them. All three cats just stay on the couch or the chair and watch it move around the floor.
Samsung POWERbot Features
• 10x More Powerful Suction
• Wi-Fi Connectivity – Control with your smartphone from anywhere.
• Visionary Mapping™ Plus & FullView™ Sensor – Creates optimal cleaning path & avoids obstacles.
• CycloneForce™ – More consistent power with less clogging than our previous model.
• Easy Pass Wheels™ – Large wheels move smoothly over obstacles.
• Combo Brush – Picks up pet hair with less tangles.
• Schedule – Program cleaning time.
• Easy-to-Clean, Large-Capacity Dust Canister capacity reduces the frequency of emptying dustbin.
• Washable filter – Easy and cost-effective maintenance.
• Multi-Surface Cleaning – Transitions from carpet to hard floors with ease.
• Wide Motorized Brush – 12.2″ cleaning path covers wide area with each pass for efficient cleaning.
• Cleaning Modes – Auto, Manual, Spot, Schedule and Silent – program to fit your needs.
• 60 Minutes Cleaning Time – Full charge with included lithium-ion battery (100 min Silent Mode).
• Remote Control – Easily controls all functions without touching the POWERbot.
• Cliff Sensor – Prevents POWERbot from falling down the stairs.
• Auto Docking – Ensures the vacuum is charged (160-minute recharging time).
• LED Display – Makes it easy to view settings.
Learn more about the Samsung POWERbot Essential WiFi vacuum at Best Buy.