As you all surely know, the Super Bowl is this weekend. My husband went to law school in Boston and loves the Patriots, but his brother lives in Seattle and loves the Seahawks. The entire family has a little friendly rivalry going on, so this year’s Super Bowl is sure to be extra exciting in our house.
We never do a full meal for big sports games, since everyone seems to be in and out of the kitchen periodically, depending on the breaks in play. So I usually just make a lot of different snacks and appetizers and let everyone munch whenever they’re hungry.
Twice Baked Ranch Potatoes
4 large Baking Potatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Scrub and dry potatoes, then prick several times with a fork. Heat in microwave for 16-18 minutes until tender. Allow to cool.
2. Combine sour cream, ranch dressing, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then scoop out potato leaving only the empty potato skins. Mix potato into filling mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into potato skins then sprinkle lightly with remaining shredded Cheddar cheese.
5. Microwave potatoes two at a time until heated through with cheese melted on top, approximately 3-4 minutes.