Helicopter Mom! Yay! I got an award!
A huge thank you to Stacey from
Here are the rules:
1. Write a post linking back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
3. Award 5-10 bloggers this award
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
So….7 random facts about me:
1. Before having girls, I swore that if I ever had a daughter, we would not have princess toys in our house. I hated the idea of teaching little girls that they should be pretty and wait for a prince to rescue them. I still feel that way, but our house now looks like Cinderella’s castle exploded here.
2. I color my hair at home, a pretty shade of brown with reddish highlights. In order to end up with this color, though, I have to overdo it a bit. I end up with a very interesting shade of blackish-purple for a couple of days until I wash it a few times. I think the other moms wonder about my teeny-tiny Goth phases.
3. I was an extra in an Ethan Hawke movie in college (when he was still ETHAN HAWKE!) and got to met him.
4. My favorite color is orange.
5. If there is a mosquito within a half mile of me, it will find me and attack me. Mercilessly.
6. I’ve never had coffee. Never even tasted it.
7. I sang in a band in college.
I’d love to pass this award on to these fine bloggers:
The Crafty Crystal
Mommy’s Online Garage Sale
Somewhere the Sky is Blue
Midnight Sewing Mom
Jen Hemming and Hawing Again
Congratulations, Ladies! You’ve all brought a smile to my face at some point. Thank you for that. 🙂