No Fail Sugar Cookies
Author: Jackie (http://cakecentral.com/user/Jackie)
Prep time: 30 mins * Cook time: 10 mins * Total time: 40 mins
This recipe is GREAT when using complex cookie cutters. The dough holds its’ shape and won’t spread during baking. Make sure you let your oven preheat for at least 1/2 hour before baking these or any other cookies.
- 6 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar (white granulated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, almond or desired flavoring
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours
- Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3″ cookies.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, decorate with different colors of icing. I use glaze icing (confectioner’s sugar, just enough light corn syrup to be able to stir, clear vanilla) and separate it into lots of different bowls. Make 2 bowls for each color of icing you want. Leave the glaze icing thick for outlining in one bowl (for each color) and add a a few drops of water to the icing to make it runnier for filling in your designs in the other bowl (for each color).