These Shamrock Shake Cupcakes will be the hit of your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations!
Shamrock Shake Cupcakes Recipe
¾ C flour
¾ C sugar
1¼ tsp baking powder
½ C unsalted sweet cream butter
½ C whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla
1½ tsp mint extract
4 drops of leaf green coloring
Optional – Chocolate fudge sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with St. Patrick’s day cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and butter, then mix together with an electric mixer on a low speed for a minute or two. The mixture will look like sand.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to mix on low speed until combined.
4. Gradually add in the mint, vanilla and milk and mix until all combined.
5. Add in a couple of drops of food coloring and mix. Be sure the color has mixed throughout the batter thoroughly before determining whether you want to add more color. (It’s easier to add more color than take away!)
6. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes or until the edges of the cupcakes are starting to brown slightly and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
7. Set the cupcake pan aside to let cool. (Frosting directions below!)
1 C unsalted butter
3 C powdered sugar
3-5 TBsp heavy cream
2 tsp mint
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
2. To get the consistency you like, add small amounts of powdered sugar or heavy cream if needed.
3. Snip the end of an icing bag off, then slide an icing tip into the bottom. Spoon frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcake.
4. Drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired and garnish with a straw.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try some of our other favorites below! ↓