Can you believe it’s almost Easter? We’re already having some gorgeous days here and I can’t wait for Spring to get here!
The kids and I always have a great time getting ready for Easter, so we’re starting to bring down all of the decorations, eggs and baskets from the attic. We’ll start decorating this weekend so we can have a couple of weeks to enjoy everything before Easter actually arrives.
In addition to the usual treats that the Easter Bunny brings, we decided to create something fun for the kids to enjoy before Easter this year – Bunny Butt Pudding Cups!
Bunny Butt Pudding Cups
Vanilla or Chocolate Pudding Cup
Chocolate graham crackers or cookies, crumbled
Chocolate sandwich cookies
Pink candy melts
Pink food coloring
1. To create the dirt for the bunny to dive into, crush chocolate graham crackers or cookies in a sandwich bag. Pour the crumb dirt onto the top of each pudding cup.
2. Cut mini marshmallows in half with a sharp knife or clean kitchen scissors.
3. Melt some pink candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If the candy melts aren’t completely melted, microwave for another 15 seconds and stir. Repeat with 15 second bursts and stirring until completely melted.
4. Dip a toothpick into the candy and decorate the un-cut side of the marshmallows with one large circle and three small dots above it. (The foot will be upside down to look like the bunny is burrowing into the dirt)
5. Pour a small amount of shredded coconut into a bowl. Add a drop or two of pink food coloring and stir until the coconut is pink.
6. Spread melted candy melts on one side of cut mini-marshmallows, then dip the candy side into the pink coconut.
7. Remove one cookie side of the chocolate sandwich cookies. Collect the cookie sides with the cream filling to be the bunny bodies.
8. Using a small amount of melted candy, attach the decorated mini-marshmallows to the cream filling of the opened cookies. The pink coconut marshmallows should go near the top to represent a fluffy bunny tail and two candy melt dotted marshmallows should go at the bottom to represent the upside down feet.
9. Push each bunny down into a corner of a pudding cup so it looks like the bunny is digging down into the dirt.