It’s already March and that means lots of wonderful things are coming soon – Spring, St. Patrick’s Day and best of all, Easter!
Easter was always one of my favorite Holidays growing up. I have such wonderful memories of celebrating with my family as a child. We would always decorate and dye eggs and then my parents would hide them around the yard. Some of the other neighbors would do the same and then all of the kids would run up and down the street in a massive egg hunt.
And then on Easter, of course, the most exciting fun happened. We would wake up early in the morning and rush downstairs to see if the Easter Bunny came. The bunny would always hide our baskets, so we’d have another search around the downstairs until we each found our basket. It was always so much fun to go through our Easter baskets and see what awesome treats the bunny had left for us.
Now that we’re parents, my husband and I enjoy sharing our traditions with our children. We love to do Easter egg decorating, egg hunts and lots of fun Easter treats and crafts.
One of our favorites so far has been making Candy Bunny Cupcakes. We made them last year as treats for the kids after the Easter egg hunt and they were a huge hit!
Aren’t they cute?
They’re super simple to make. Just follow these steps:
1. Print out a silhouette of a bunny.
2. Place one piece of wax paper over your printed design.
2. Melt Candy Melts according to directions.
3. Add details first that you want on the topper (like the link eyes and ear parts I made)
4. Use another color of melted candy to trace the outline and then fill in the bunny.
5. Allow the candy melts to cool and become firm, then carefully peel from the wax paper.
(See more photos and details here: Easy Candy Bunny Cupcake Toppers)