Caramel Chocolate Cadbury Egg Cupcakes
Caramel Chocolate Cadbury Egg Cupcake Recipe
1 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
Granulated Sugar, 1 cup
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
Milk, 1 cup
1 tsp Vinegar
Vegetable or Canola Oil, 1/2 cup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg (beaten)
10 Caramel Cadbury Eggs (Topping)
20 Kraft Caramels (Filling)
2 3/4 Powdered Sugar
6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Whipping Cream, not yet whipped (or Milk)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Cool Whip (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease tin well.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and egg until smooth.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
5. Fill the muffin tins to the halfway mark. Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
6. Set cupcakes out to cool for 5 minutes, then core out the middles with a Wilton Corer Tool or small knife. Next, chop caramels into pieces and insert into cupcakes. Repeat until all of the cupcakes are stuffed with caramel.
7. Place cupcakes back in the oven and for 2-3 minutes or until the caramel is soft.
8. Once you’ve removed cupcakes from the oven, allow them to cool completely before frosting.
9. While the cupcakes cool, make frosting by sifting together the powdered sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl. Set aside.
8. In a large bowl or mixer, cream butter until smooth. Slowly add in the cocoa/sugar mixture.
9. Once combined, add in the whipping cream followed by the vanilla. Combine until light and fluffy. (Optional- add in Cool Whip to make it ultra fluffy.)
10. Frost cooled cupcakes. Once frosted, break open the Cadbury Caramel eggs and drizzle the caramel over the top. Crush the remaining chocolate shell and sprinkle over the top.
.If you love this recipe, please share it or pin it! 🙂