It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
The holiday season brings so many wonderful traditions and customs that make our home a warmer and happier place. We start a month before Christmas and love taking our time getting everything ready.
Really enjoying the decorating, the music and the baking. Enjoying the entire month of preparation and celebration.
One of our favorite activities at Christmas is baking cookies. We bake for family and friends, bake for ourselves and of course, bake some goodies for Santa Claus.
Since we’re in Christmas mode, we decided to use the cookie cutters to make fun Christmas Cookies. The cutters were easy to use and had great handles on each for pressing down into the dough and then lifting back out.
The Christmas tree cutters were our favorites, so we decided to do lots of different colors.
I think they turned out so cute!
Iced Christmas Cookies Recipe
6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla and combine.
2. Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture a little at a time. Mix until dough comes together
3. Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes.
5. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3″ cookies.
6. Wait for cookies to cool completely before icing.
1 bag (2 lbs) Confectioner’s Sugar
1/3 Cup Meringue Powder
3/4 Cup Warm Water
1. Mix dry ingredients together. Add water and mix with stand or hand mixer slowly until combined. Change to medium speed and mix until the icing thickens.
2. Use the thicker icing for outlining and details. Thin the icing with very small amounts of water for flooding or filling the inside part that you’ve outlined.
Enjoy! I’d love to see your creations too, so let me know if you make these.