Every kid goes through a phase where they want to eat the same meal over and over and over again. Thankfully for my mom, my brother and I hit that stage right about the same time. For me – it was fish sticks and french fries. For my brother it was fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. I remember knowing just exactly where that yellow box with the fisherman on the front was located in the freezer section at the store. Mom loved that on school nights she could get a delicious meal that we loved on the table in no time.
I am not sure how many hundreds of fish sticks my Mom prepared back then, but I can tell you even as a grown adult and a mom myself, there are still times I get a craving for deliciously crunchy fish sticks with tarter sauce. Thankfully my children enjoy them as much as I do. In fact we love all of varieties we’ve tried, which makes it super easy to serve a delicious meal in minutes any night of the week.
This week we enjoyed two different Gorton’s inspired meals – A Grilled Salmon Salad with Dijon Orange Vinaigrette for my husband and me and – of course – Classic Crunchy Fish Sticks for the kids. With Gorton’s you have a “sea of possibilities” with what you can create in just minutes with their varieties of fish. The best part – I had dinner on the table in just a few minutes and everyone loved it! You can not beat that!
Grilled Salmon Salad with Dijon Mustard Orange Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp. sugar
mixed salad greens
1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
1 box (6.3 oz) Gorton’s Classic Grilled Salmon
1. Prepare grilled salmon according to product directions.
2. While the salmon is baking, add mustard, vinaigrette, orange juice and sugar to a small bowl, then stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Arrange mixed greens on serving plates. Add sliced cherry tomatoes.
4. Once the salmon is ready, slice it into thick pieces and place them on top of the mixed greens.
5. Drizzle Dijon Orange Vinaigrette over the salad and salmon pieces.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.