Nutella Cookie Truffles Recipe
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 16 ounces chocolate candy coating or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White or milk chocolate for decoration (optional)
1. Chop the cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. (You an also put the cookies in a large zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin.) Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs for truffle topping.
2. Combine crushed cookies, Nutella and softened cream cheese in a large bowl until completely mixed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour, until firm enough to form balls.
3. Use a teaspoon or small scoop to form the dough into smallballs. Roll them between palms until round.
4. Melt chocolate chips or candy coating according to package directions, then dip each each ball into the melted coating. You can also prop the ball on a fork and scoop melted chocolate over it, then use a toothpick to push the truffle onto parchment paper.
5. Before chocolate coating cools, sprinkle cookie crumbs over the truffles, or let truffles cool and then drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over the top.
6. Refrigerate for an hour to set chocolate.
7. Store Nutella Cookie Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! If you love these Nutella Cookie Truffles, you might also love our Cookies & Cream Cupcakes, Heart-in-the-Middle Cupcakes and Strawberry Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Alicia K says
truffle yum to the max!
Katherine G says
These look so delicious.
Sounds great! Also ingredients I tend to have on hand. Thanks!
Mikki Cross says
I love Nutella on it’s own,. Can’t wait to try your recipe for truffles. Just another good excuse to get some more Nutella.
They look as perfect as if they were made in a store
Carla Bonesteel says
MMMMMMM…I love Nutella! and cookies, and chocolate, and pretty much everything else in these recipes! They also look amazing. thank for the recipe.
Sylvia Zajis says
These sound like a good variation of a truffle. Will definitely try em.
Chelsea r says
I think I may have to try these for a valentines treat for the family.
I am SO going to make these for my neighbor. They dont look too hard to do either!
Dorothy Boucher says
this sounds yummy but i don’t like nuttela , but i would make this with peanut butter 🙂 how yummy would that be, Thanks for sharing @tisonlyme143
So easy and so yummy looking! My boys love nutella so I’m definitely going to try these!
Wanda Tracey says
This is such a perfect recipe to make for special occasions.I love that you posted and shared this.Thank you.
Sandra VanHoey says
My sister just bought nutella yesterday when we went shopping. She had never had it nor heard of any recipes. I just pinned to my nutella recipe board. She didn’t know what she was missing and when she tried it, she loved it. These sound delicious. Thanks for sharing