If you love Pinterest like I do, you know that nail art has become a really popular trend this year. From fun and bright to dark and gothic, there are lots of cool styles to choose from. When I was given the chance to try Sally Hansen nail products, I knew I wanted to try one of the funky designs I’ve seen online. I headed out to pick up some great new colors and tools for the task, which you can see here.
There were so many great Sally Hansen colors and tools; I had a hard time choosing my favorites. I love the Nail Art Pens! With just a base coat and a pen, you can make so many cool designs.
I ended up getting five different bright colors, black and clear top coat polishes and a black Nail Art Pen. The Xtreme, Salon Effects, Diamond and Insta Dri polishes are $1 off right now through May 25th, so I saved $7 with my Balance Rewards Card. Awesome!
I’ve got dozens of nail designs saved on Pinterest and bookmarked to try later, so I took a little time picking a great design. Since the “street look” is so hot right now, I decided to go with a Street Look design. If you’re not familiar with it, it includes a lot of great styles like Graffiti, Punk Rock and Pop Art. It can be dark and edgy or fun and funky. Since I love the bright colors of the Sally Hansen lines so much, I decided on a Pop Art look. #ILuvNailArt
I was so excited to get started! As many of you know, I used to have a small cookie business that I started after having my first baby. The decorating was my favorite part and I loved trying new designs and colors with each new order. I was thinking that my cookie design talents would hopefully make nail art easy. It turned out that the street look is supposed to look edgy, so they (at least most of the ones I love) didn’t need to be perfect. It didn’t end up being difficult at all!
STREET LOOK POP ART NAILS
Products I used:
1. Sally HansenHard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Twisted Pink, Sun Kissed, Mellow Yellow, Green with Envy and Blue Me Away
2. Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Invisible Top Coat
4. (Optional) Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen
1. Paint your nails with 1 or 2 coats of colored polish, making each nail a different color. Allow your polish to dry completely.
2. Put a small drop of each color on a plate. Dip the corner of a sponge into a color and then slowly add the color onto a nail*, slowly building up the layer so it’s darker in the corner and gradually fades out across the nail.
*Use contrasting colors for a vibrant look. I used blue polish on the orange nail, green polish on the pink nail, etc.
3. Using the Nail Art Pen, draw a jagged zig zag design across each nail where the colors meet. The add tiny lines and dots spreading away from the zig-zag.
4. Once the design has completely dried, use a clear top coat to help protect your design and make it last longer, and to add a gorgeous shine.
5. Use the Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen to clean off any mistakes you made with nail polish. I was able to quickly get rid of all of my extra polish with the clean-up pen and love how easy it was!
That’s it! So fun and so easy.
Now that I’ve seen how easy it is, I can’t wait to try some more designs! I really love the street look and there are so many amazing designs to try.
Check out lots of great Street Look ideas and the Sally Hansen Nail Polishes you can use to get cool designs.
Be sure to enter your best Nail Art in the Sally Hansen “I Heart Nail Art” Contest! Five finalists will each win $500 and a trip to New York to compete in the Final Round where one Grand Prize winner will receive an additional $2,000!
Also, be sure to check out the fun Pinterest Party contest where you can Win A Year’s Supply of Nail Polish!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and COTY. All opinions are my own. #cbias #SocialFabric