My friends and I get together every couple of months for a family night. The kids will all play together while the parents talk and catch up. We don’t usually have a sit down meal, but will all nibble on lots of great appetizers throughout the night. I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes to bring for family night: Creamy Italian Bread. It’s so easy to make and is always a huge hit!
Creamy Italian Bread Spread
Author: Mickey Coutts
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 6 mins Total time: 16 mins
This ooey, gooey creamy cheese spread is perfect on a crusty bread.
– 1 cup sour cream
– ⅔ cup mayonnaise
– 2 cups shredded Italian cheeses
– ¼ tsp onion powder
– ¼ tsp dried oregano
– ¼ tsp black pepper
– ¼ tsp thyme
– pinch of garlic powder if desired
– 2 loaves crusty bread
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
– In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian cheeses and Italian salad dressing mix.
– Spread the mixture generously on sliced breads. Arrange slices on baking sheets.
– Bake in preheated over for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread is light brown.
So easy to make. Just use sour cream, Italian cheeses, mayo and your favorite Italian herbs.
Mix thoroughly and your ready to bake.
Slice nice thick slices of homemade bread or Ecce Panis Crusty Bread.
Place bread onto baking sheet. Top with generous amounts of Creamy Italian Cheese Spread.
Bake for 4-6 minutes until ooey, gooey and awesome!
Oh, that sounds so good! And easy. My two favorite things. 🙂
April Decheine says
Looks good and so tasty! Great recipe that I can try!
Chelsea @ Someday I'll Learn says
I love everything in this recipe! This looks great.
Wow, I want to pull it off the screen and eat it lol. Looks wonderful!
Thanks for linking up to This Flourishing Life’s Menu Monday 🙂