Hot Lips Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
1 1/3 C flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 C Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 TBSP unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs, room temp
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 C whole milk, room temp
1 C unsalted butter, room temp
4 + C powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Wilton Pink Dot Confetti
Chocolate Lips Ingredients:
1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate wafers
1 Silicon Lip mold
Wilton Squeeze bottles, 6 oz
Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with fun paper liners.
– Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt stirring together. Set aside.
– Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
– Beat the eggs one at a time, than add to the bowl and mix. Add in the vanilla.
– Alternate between the flour mixture with the milk; beating well.
– Fill the lined cupcake tins 3/4 full.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
– Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 10 minutes.
– Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
– Cream the butter and powder sugar until light and creamy.
– If needed, add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it becomes creamy.
– Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready. If not, add more powdered sugar 1/2 C at a time and mix well.
– Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
– Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
– Start by frosting around the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
– Sprinkle the pink dot confetti on top of the cupcakes quickly before the frosting crusts.
Chocolate Lips Directions:
– Melt the chocolate with a double boiler, stirring often.
– Pour the melted chocolate into a plastic squeeze bottle.
– Fill a mold like this by squeezing the chocolate into it.
– Tap the mold on the counter to eliminate any air bubbles.
– Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to one hour.
– Remove from the freezer and pop out the chocolate.
– Place the chocolate lips on the center of each cupcake.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try some of our other favorites: