In our family, we have several dishes and side dishes that are always included in special meals. Whether it’s a holiday dinner or large family celebration, those family favorites are always requested.
But with Easter coming up, I’ve decided to put a little spin on some of the old favorites. Instead of the same plain Deviled Eggs that I’ve made every holiday for years, I thought it might be fun to spice things up a bit.
I’m transforming our ordinary old eggs to extraordinary by kicking up the flavor. Check out these awesome Spicy Deviled Eggs:
SPICY DEVILED EGGS RECIPE.
PREP TIME: 15 min. | TOTAL TIME: 15 min. | MAKES: 24 servings
12 hard-boiled eggs
2/3 cup Mayonnaise
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & finely diced (Optional)
1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
2. Remove yolks and place in medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Spoon mixture into egg whites.*
5. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with additional jalapeno slices, if desired.
* For a prettier presentation, try spooning the egg mixture into an icing bag and fill each egg white using the bag with an icing tip!
The Spicy Deviled Eggs have been a huge hit with the family! I made this batch without jalapeno peppers because the kids don’t love them, but for Easter I will make some spicy and some extra-spicy. 🙂